We are excited to announce that Registration and the Call for Abstracts are NOW OPEN for DOHaD 2019 in Melbourne
THE THEME OF THE CONGRESS IS...
Investing in a Healthy Future for All:
Research, Education, Policy.
The Congress will bring together basic and clinical researchers and healthcare professionals from around the world to address the many challenges that currently impact the health of mothers and fathers, babies in the womb, infants, children and adolescents, as well as explore solutions,
interventions and policies to optimise health across the lifespan.
More than 1,000 delegates are expected to attend.
CONGRESS HIGHLIGHTS INCLUDE...
• 9 Plenary Speakers
• 36 Parallel Symposia on a diverse range of topics
• Four full-day and four half-day Workshops on Sunday, October 20
• Two standalone Poster Sessions
• Three Satellite Meetings:
1. The 46th Annual Meeting of the Fetal and Neonatal Physiological Society (FNPS) to be held in Marysville (close to Melbourne)
2. Cardio-Metabolic and Immune Health Across the Life Course - Sydney.
3. Social Determinants and the Health of Indigenous Peoples - Darwin.
• A comprehensive Trainee Program for students and Early Career Researchers, that will include:
o Three dedicated Trainee Symposia and a Trainee Workshop
o A Trainee Social Event
o The first DOHaD Trainee Award Session.
• Reduced registration fees including:
1. A greater fee differential between DOHaD members and non-members (a good reason to join DOHaD now)
2. A greater fee differential between full delegates and Trainees
3. Reduced rates for delegates from low and middle-income countries (LMIC)
• A record number of travel grants for Trainees and delegates from LMIC.
• A Public Engagement Event that will involve members of the public and secondary school students.
• A diverse mix of Sponsors, with a preference for companies with BCorp status.
The Congress will be held in the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre in the heart of the Melbourne CBD. Melbourne is a multicultural city and has been ranked the worlds’ most liveable city for the past 7 years. A range of accommodation choices is available for you within easy walking distance to the Congress.
DOHaD 2019 will provide you with a great opportunity to meet with colleagues and form new collaborations. It will also provide you with the opportunity to see many of the highlights of Melbourne and the tourism hotspots of Australia including the Great Barrier Reef, Uluru, and Kakadu National Park. Click here to view travel information.
We hope to see you in Melbourne at DOHaD 2019, where we will welcome you with a friendly g’day!